Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline - PL-259

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline - PL-259
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 06:24:27 -0500 (CDT)
for 1/2" catv i have used a compression coupling and pl-259. cut the shield and
foam way back, put the coupling over the hardline and the back side of the
pl-259 in the other, tighten down the compression nuts and solder the center
conductor in the pin of the pl-259.  waterproof well, there is still the brass
to aluminum transition to worry about.