[TowerTalk] Any Mosley Pro-67-C-3 users?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Any Mosley Pro-67-C-3 users?
From: W2GR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 19:46:56 -0400 (EDT)
Hey Guys,

I just got my new antenna delivered last Friday before the storm that hit
the NE and am in a big hurry to get this thing up...I am getting into snow
season here in WNY and Mr. Murphy has been on me since I started the tower
project in July..I took down the old Mosley TA-36 and the Tower..(Tri-Ex Sky
 Needle) to upgrade and re-cable the tower and rebuild the gear boxes on
the  tower, pulleys and Telrex rotator etc...its taken way longer than I
expected with delays from the crane,cable purchase, antenna delivery
etc...needless to say I have had a bad summer...

Anyone here have some good settings for the 40m portion of this antenna to
get me in the air without the fiddling in the manual?....I want it resonant
in  the lower part for CW and RTTY...I dont have the space in my yard to
get it up  to 12 feet for testing or time/energy to take it up/down offa da
tower to  get decent results...when raised it will be abt 75 feet up...

I can/will however be able to fine tune it next year when spring gets here
and I can rent a lift to fiddle with it...and I am not up to my crotch in
snow...

So far with all the wind and rain I have been getting ...the only  thing
outta the boxes is the manual...

The manual says 46" out on the driven el. is a good starting point  and
will resonate on 7.200...and the back of the manual says a good  starting point
is  48"...when I called Mosley they said the CW setting on  the driven el.
is 49.5" with the ref. 9" longer and the dir. 16" shorter...as in  the
book....so now I am wondering if 49.5 will be too long?....and take me too
low?...

I am just wanting this summer nightmare over and the aluminum up so I can
let the Alpha heat the shack during the long winter....I have taken a few
days  off work next week to start gluing this thing all together...

Thanks alot for any help...

Mike W2GR