Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Attach a PL-259 to a 1/2" hardline

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Attach a PL-259 to a 1/2" hardline
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 10:47:05 -0500
That is the method I always used when I was using CATV hardline. As I recall, .625 fused disc line had the perfect sized center conductor for a UHF barrel. With .750 cable I had to file down the center conductor a bit. For .500 coax I would build up the center conductor by soldering on a short length of appropriate tube or the center pin from a PL259.

-Steve K8LX