Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 question

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 question
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 02:04:20 -0000
I have been using 83-1SP for decades.  I believe that the insulator used to
be dark and the new ones are almost white, perhaps they changed materials.
The knurling and marking certainly changes.  Once I had a defective one
where the threads inside the shell were not deep enough and unfortunately I
didn't notice this until after it was soldered and there was already a
connector on the other end.

John KK9A