Re: [TowerTalk] Prop pitch rotates when tower grounded to station

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Prop pitch rotates when tower grounded to station
From: "Zivney, Terry" <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:13:36 +0000
I have had  a similar problem - if any of the motor windings have a low
resistance to ground,
turn on.  Looking at the schematic, the output of the power supply is turned on
by a low
impedance to ground.  I have had my motor repaired twice by Kurt for this
problem.  As
I understand it from Kurt the same thing happens with the Green Heron Prop Pitch
Controller.   Notice that  the power supply is grounded through the power
company
line and hopefully your tower is grounded for lightning.  Even a thousand ohms
to ground
will cause the problem

Terry N4TZ/9