Re: [TowerTalk] Tower, rotator and antenna maintenance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower, rotator and antenna maintenance
From: Peter Helder <petehelder@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:32:03 -0500

Once a year is ok too, whatever you want to do I love climbing, and the ham I
do the maintenance for wants it done twice a year so I do it twice a year.   I
look for anything that could be a problem,   Last year I happen to spot a crack
in the boom to mast clamp on his Hy-Gain 20 meter mono bander.  Glad to have
spot that, or the antenna could have come down in a winter storm.  I also check
the coax feedlines and other cables, check all the guy clamps and guy cables.
I start at the top and work my way down. > From: petehelder@hotmail.com