Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: hardline bending radius

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: hardline bending radius
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:06:55 -0800
On 11/20/12 9:07 AM, Hans Hammarquist wrote:
I understand that the bending radius is a lot less if the cable is braided or
corrugated.

Well, the cable I have is neither. The shield is an aluminum "tube" with no
corrugation or anything else to aid the bending. The center conductor is a solid copper
plated aluminum wire. (No, I am not worried about the center conductor.)

Someone warned that a too small bending radius will nick the shield. I am
planning to use some type of fixture for the bending in order to avoid any
nicking.

I do want to now what diameter to use for the fixture. I would like to get/make
one with a too small diameter and later have to get something different.

So, what would I expect for a 1/2 inch solid conductor, solid/stiff shield with
noting to aid bending.

Have you got a part # to look up the mfr data sheet?

Have you got a bending jig or tool to support it so it doesn't kink?