Re: [TowerTalk] T2X Sticking

To: "'Steve Katz'" <stevek@jmr.com>, "'Mike'" <k4gmh@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T2X Sticking
From: "Barry Merrill, W5GN" <w5gn@mxg.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:30:49 -0600
I had the exact same symptoms several years ago, and could visually see
the mast section to the top of the rotator was off-vertical, and
then found two of the three bolts that hold the rotator were gone
and the it was barely held by the third.  I had failed to do any
hands-on maintenance on the antenna system for several years prior,
now I have an annual check.  My rotator was an Orion, but the
same exposure exists, I think.

73

Barry, W5GN