[TowerTalk] use of cable clamps

To: towertalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] use of cable clamps
From: Michael Goins <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 17:23:00 -0600
Have a tiltover pole for the crankup here coming tomorrow and I designed it
for two back guys at the 20' mark. I'll be using 1/4" cable to the tower
from the winch on it for layover, and probably the same 1/4" cable back
from the pole to the two rear guys for it. My question is with the use of
cable clamps. The pole is 3" heavy wall pipe so the guys are more or less
overkill, but but I have them there for safety so the tower can't twist,
etc.

Any issue with simply using 4-5 cable clamps top and bottom on the guys for
the back? I want to attach them prior to raising at the top and then cinch
up the bottom ones.

Mike, k5wmg
"Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you ought to set up
a life you don't need to escape from."

*

*