Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing around Ring Rotors

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing around Ring Rotors
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 06:42:47 -0500 (EST)

I have three rotating towers from K0XG.  Two are 65 and one is  55.
Unless you are a midget, climbing over the 55 rings is the only  option.  On
the
65 you have a choice.

I have a lanyard and two gorilla hooks that I use for climbing over the
55.  While under the ring, I am strapped in by the lanyard.  I then  hook the
gorilla hooks over and past the ring, unhook the lanyard and step up on  the
ring.  Once over the ring, I rehook the lanyard and disconnect the  hooks.
Rather unnerving at first but you get used to it.

By the way, the rings make a great perch to sit down on for a rest on the
way to the top of the tower, which by the way, seems to get taller and
taller as  the years go by.

K4XS/KH7XS