[TowerTalk] Fwd: KLM 4 el Yagi Mods and upgrades?

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: KLM 4 el Yagi Mods and upgrades?
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:32:57 -0700
Thanks to those who replied to my question about upgrading the old KLM 4el
40m yagi.

Apparently, there have been no computer models generated to improve its
gain or F/B. It is dual driven element so it covers the whole 40m band with
a good SWR. I guess one could choose the Reflector and Director lengths to
optimize gain or F/B for CW or SSB,  although there would probably not be
that much difference.

M2 does offer a different element loading system and element mounting
block, the same as their current 40m yagis. The biggest advantage is that
their parts are made of aluminum, not like the original black plastic type
material of the KLM.

The KLM version has worked fine for me of over 25 years. I did have to
reinforce some of the spacing insulators, and one of the element mounting
blocks split it half- not bad for 25 years of putting out a great signal!

Guess I'll put up back up as is, all thought the WX is harsher here in
Central AZ, than So. Calif. We'll see....

Ray,
N6VR