Re: [TowerTalk] Hi Gain Hi-Towers

To: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hi Gain Hi-Towers
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:52:30 -0500
Wayne,

You could put the insulated guys up the 'stinger' about 15 feet above the tower top. That should work.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>:

Hi Roger

The small 24' BX style towers are not the failure Point. it's the 44' stinger that's the area of failure ! Another friend who's of the DX- Expedition type suggested I opt for the tapered fiberglass poles. !

Still trying to model or see why the insulated stinger at the top of the tower has such a remarkable effect ?

Wayne W3EA

( I am sorry for the post, I am not able to get word wraparound to function on this reflector ! )