Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran questions
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 05:31:39 -0500
Seems to me that something to consider is that guying the Hy-tower will alter the load distribution on the tower - I can't do the math, but in principle it will replace some of the overturning force with compressive load on the legs. It might be a good idea to inquire whether anyone has done this successfully in a high-wind environment - you could wind up replacing one failure mode with another.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.