[TowerTalk] A tub to receive my coax

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A tub to receive my coax
From: SPWoo <jj_2_woo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 23:45:46 -0800 (PST)
Hi Larry,

I ran into the same dilemma and I came up with a very simple solution.  The
solution will remove about 44' of cable 'slack'.  The end result is that only
about 10' of cable actually touches the ground with the tower fully retracted,
hence eliminating the need for a catch device.  The 10' of cable forms a small
loop and it will rest peacefully on the ground.

The solution is to attach the last 22' of cable to the fixed tower leg with the
tower fully extended.  When the tower is fully retracted an extra 22' of cable
will be suspended in the air making a total of 44' of cable out of harm's way.
At the top of the fixed tower leg you need to create a strain relief loop as
well as a small cable loop so that the cable will fall through the coax arm as
the tower is retracted.

If you elect to go with this option please call me and I will give you the
step-by-step instructions to do this safely and efficiently.  You do not want
to climb the tower while it's extended.

If you cannot fully visualize this setup I will take a video of it and post it
on Youtube.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Woo, W6GX
(970) 646-1711