[TowerTalk] Zero-five vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Zero-five vertical
From: "John Hudson" <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 09:59:00 -0600
I just bought a 33' 10-80m zero-five vertical and am waiting for it to
arrive. My reason to buy this antenna was first I like a vertical for the
lower bands and I was hoping to use it on 80 & 160 with some mods. I do not
want to leave this antenna up all year so I will take it down in the spring
and put it back in the fall ( grandkids use the back yard in the summer) and
I did not want a HUGE vertical

I called zero-five last Sunday to leave a msg and got a call back from Tom a
few hours later (GREAT SERVICE already) and I asked about using this antenna
on 160. He said add 80' of wire (40' to each side) at the top and make a
T-configuration and pull the wires as high as possible.

That is not a problem but is there anyone that has done this and what was
your results. I plan on 30+ radials right now .

This will be a experiment most of the time and it'll be down in about 3-4
months until the fall..

Thanks

John

KO4XJ