Re: [TowerTalk] Caps (was: Hose Clamps)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Caps (was: Hose Clamps)
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:05:36 -0500
On 2/1/2013 8:58 AM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:
Here in Oklahoma we have insects we call "Mud Daubers" (look like wasps)
that tend to close off most any openings they encounter with mud which
dries to a good seal. Unfortunately, the holes most often closed are
ones best left open such as ventilation for motors, furnace flues, and
on and on but antennas are sometimes targeted.

They really like Pitot tubes too and a plugged pitot tube can ruin your whole day ... or at least add a whole bunch of excitement!

That's one of those things you usually don't explain to your passengers until AFTER you are back on the runway.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Jerry Gardner