Re: [TowerTalk] Active Loop Receiving Antenna?

To: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Active Loop Receiving Antenna?
From: Jim Cassidy <jc_ki7y@q.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 18:24:12 -0500 (EST)
I have used a pixelsat loop off and on for a couple of years.  I would
recommend it although so far I have not had great success with long distance DX
signals on the low bands.  It does work better than I expected on other bands.
I have observed this mostly by mistakenly leaving the receive antenna connected
instead of my usual A3s on the higher bands.  I will be working along and
notice that and surprised that I am hearing as well as I am.
I did ask the pixelsat rep at the convention in Visalia last year and he
recommended higher and trying more different locations.  I have not done that
so cannot comment on that .

There have been times on a local 10m net that I have heard someone weakly that
I could not even tell was there on the main antenna.
I am not using the optional BC band filter and have very little problem from 2
nearby 50KW stations.

73 Jim KI7Y