Re: [TowerTalk] New tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com, barrie@yellowstonephoto.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 11:29:50 -0500 (EST)
>  However, I've changed my mind and am going to put up a M2  40M3FS @ 17.5
SQ FT,
and the 30M3 @ 10 SQ FT.

>  I consider that to be a heap of SQ FT on one tower, which  I'd like to
be 70 to
80 feet tall.

>  So, what kind of tower should I be looking at that would  safely carry
that load.

>  I'm in a wind speed zone of 70 mph, but we've seen higher  speed gusts.

    Okay. 70 MPH is the minimum windspeed for towers  per the TIA 222 but
if you want to build your installation to a higher  parameter, knock yourself
out.

    I would suggest getting a copy of my UP THE TOWER -  The Complete Guide
To Tower Construction - which covers everything you need to  know and is
particularly good for helping make this kind of decision. Available  from
www.championradio.com

    Guyed or free-standing? Do you have a copy of the  Rohn catalog? It
gives lots of information for their towers which will allow you  to make some
inferences for towers by other manufacturers.

    Your decision will be based on lots of different  factors - safety
margin, budget, tower footprint available, spousal approval,  etc. And of
course
TT is a great asset.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC