Re: [TowerTalk] Station interference Stubs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Station interference Stubs
From: "Mike Baker" <k7dd@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:22:46 -0700
Hi Wayne,
        Stubs can do a pretty good job but for 160M the line losses will
kill you. Consider the W3NQN filters offered by Array Solutions in a single
band unit. They are about $130 as I recall but the specs are very good.
        Depending upon how much isolation you need on 160 they have an in
house smaller filter system for about $65 a band as I recall. The specs are
not as tight but they might still do the job for you.
        BTW, I have been messing around with various stub filters and such
for several years now and overall, the W3NQN filters WORK and are well worth
the $$$ investment. Especially if you consider how much I have spent on
building the last 20 or so filters, I could have bought a full set and have
been done with it!
        Best 72, 73

Mike Baker  K7DD
All QSO's are uploaded to LOTW and EQSL.
"Welcome to Arizona where this past summer it was so dry I saw a tree
chasing a dog!"