[TowerTalk] New antenna modeling software from AC6LA

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] New antenna modeling software from AC6LA
From: Dan Maguire <djm2150@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:41:46 -0800 (PST)
AutoEZ is a new Excel application that works in conjunction with the EZNEC
antenna modeling program.  You can use variables to control diverse aspects of
the model and then run multiple EZNEC test cases while automatically changing
one or more variables between runs.  AutoEZ can take full advantage of all the
features new to EZNEC v. 5.0 such as virtual wires, realistic transmission
lines with loss, transformers, L networks (which can be combined to form T and
Pi networks), and parallel connected loads.  An overview of what AutoEZ is all
about may be found here:
http://ac6la.com/autoez.html

A recent thread on this list discussed stubs for harmonic suppression.  It just
so happens that one of the AutoEZ examples covers that subject, including a
reference to Jim Brown's Coax-Stubs pdf file.  (Thanks again,  Jim.)  Other
examples in that same section of the documentation cover modeling transmission
line series section and shunt stub networks to do impedance matching;
simulating a typical auto-tuner; modeling the feed system for a 4-square
vertical array; and using a four-port power divider to feed a 2x2 Yagi stack.
Complete details are in the "Transmission Lines and Tuners" section, here:
http://ac6la.com/aetltu.html

BTW, if you happen to be a user of the old MultiNEC program you should have
received a recent email from me.  If not, I probably have an out-of-date
address for you.  Please contact me directly (not on this list) via the email
address found on my home page, http://ac6la.com/.

Dan, AC6LA