Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC antenna modeling forum has been created on Yahoo

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC antenna modeling forum has been created on Yahoo
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 00:58:46 -0800
On 2/24/2013 11:57 PM, SPWoo wrote:
I ran into a problem modeling a very high Q shorty forty antenna that I cannot
find an answer for in those books.

That's exactly the sort of question most guys who COULD help would be happy to address, and there are more than a few who lurk here. I do agree with Rick, N6RK, who suggested that you ask around a bit more before reinventing the wheel in the form of a new group, and join the long established group he noted. I suspect that there are some pretty sharp guys there.

I don't respond to those who are looking for someone to model their antenna problem -- EZNEC is inexpensive and easy to use, and anyone who tries is going to learn a lot in the process, especially if they work through tutorials in the EZNEC doc and the various ARRL publications.

73, Jim K9YC