Re: [TowerTalk] InnovAntennas contact info

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] InnovAntennas contact info
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 11:51:38 -0700

Uhh ... the burden is NOT on me to substantiate any vendor's claims for performance. It's on him, and until he does so, I will remain the skeptic when I see things that have generally been debunked elsewhere, such as the claim that a loop driven element significantly reduces reception of man-made noise.

From http://www.g0ksc.co.uk/intro-lfa.html :

"Additionally, the close (sic) loop at the feedpoint deems the LFA less susceptible to man-made noise and static."

73,
Dave   AB7E

If these antennas have been so extensively modeled and optimized,
there should be a clear comparison available that would tell us
whether the difference warrants the hype.

Do just a little literature search for yourself rather than expect
that UPS will deliver a box of books customized for your skepticism.
There have been dozens of patterns posted on Justin's personal web
site over the last couple years as well as journals in the area and
web sites of other antenna developers.  The data is out there but
nobody is going to spoon feed the skeptics.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV