Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical installation 2 questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical installation 2 questions
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:44:29 -0600
#1 possible and probably.  To what extent?  You would have to model it.

#2 Not from what I have read.

Mike W0MU

On 3/28/2013 3:24 PM, John Hudson wrote:
Question #1 - I have a TX-455 with a 4 element Steppir 140' from the shack
and I'm installing a 43' vertical but the spot I want to plant it is about
50' from the tower (90' from the shack). The tower is due west of the
vertical. Will the tower , which is usually at 45-50' up, interact with the
vertical, which I plan on using for 80-160 (I'm going to play with T-top

Question #2 - On a T-top loading config. does this cause any directivity or
is the pattern of the vertical unchanged?

Thanks & 73

John

KO4XJ