Re: [TowerTalk] DC for winchwes

To: Jim KØXU <jimk0xu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DC for winchwes
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 16:36:52 -0700 (PDT)
I won't choose to raise/lower my TX472 in the rain unless
I /have/ to. If I have to, it's only rain... water... and won't
hurt me.  I won't be standing in the lightening (nor
the lightning) for any reason.

As was mentioned, it's likely not a good idea to be remotely
operating the tower up/down without observing it because
of the cables. If I was to operate it remotely, I'd definitely
want to have some way to observe it (directly or indirectly).

I have FIVE feedlines + rotator cables coming off the top
of my TX-472.  As it is, while running it up/down (standing
next to it), I'm pretty busy ensuring the cables behave.
Remote doesn 't work for me.  YMMV.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC