To: towertalk@contesting.com, af5cc@fidmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 124, Issue 9
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 10:04:29 -0400 (EDT)
>  How do the "radialless" verticals, like the R5, R7000,  MA5V, Gap ones,
compare in performance to the standard 1/4 wave verticals that  are roof
mounted with radials?  Does one tend to outperform the  other?  I am looking
how each performs for DXing and longer haul  communications.

    You might be interested in our on-the-air  Vertical Comparison Test
(available at _www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com) ). I don't
remember  the details but there's a good protocol and comparisons so
that'll give you  a good overview of their performance.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
Cell: 206-890-4188