Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn TB3 questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com, greenacres113@charter.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn TB3 questions
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 17:36:31 -0400 (EDT)
>  Removed the 3 tightning bolts as they were rusty. If I get  stainless to
replace I'm guessing they would gall. How abt the 'green' ones.  The
higher grade bolts?

    Any hardware the same size is fine. They are  very beefy for the job
they're asked to do.

>  Do the bearing get lubed? It spins freely now. I did clean  they out as
there was a bit if grime in the race.

    Do not lube the TB - it's designed to run dry. If  you do put grease in
there, it'll just collect dirt and grit and decrease the  service life of
the bearing.

    A new TB will spin freely. A good used one will  spin also but may be
rough due to wind hammering the ball bearings into the  aluminum races.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH