Re: [TowerTalk] Please Help Me Decide on a Tribander or Monobanders

To: "EZ Rhino" <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Please Help Me Decide on a Tribander or Monobanders
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:15:12 -0500
Amen.

-----Original Message----- From: EZ Rhino
Sent: April 18, 2013 05:40 PM
Cc: towertalk@contesting.com

It appears this has become a "I love my antenna" pile-on, so here's my .02.

Since the original question was for multiple beams on a very tall crank up (89'), You can get almost all bands on one boom...get the biggest Tennadyne log you can afford and laugh all the way to bank!!! The HD versions cover 30m and they still make some that cover 40m as well. No traps, no moving parts to wear out, covers WARC bands too, good SWR and MUCH less expensive solution. Yes the gain is a hair less. You won't notice it. Particularly when your buddy with the SteppIR is calling the crane guy to do a repair and you're working the P5. :-)

Chris
KF7P