Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna issue still puzzling me

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna issue still puzzling me
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:08:46 -0400
I agree on quality connectors from Amphenol.  Don't be misled in your
thinking those.  Most Amphenol PL-259s are no longer made in the USA I don't
believe.  Most of Amphenol's manufacturing is in China and other low cost
areas (I know my China office is right next to one of their big plants).  So
it is highly likely that its simply about Amphenols ability to manage good
quality in China rather than the US flag waiving that some of these
retailers like to suggest.  The new normal is "made in the USA from foreign
sourced components" and a PL259 is one of those components.

Ed - N1UR