Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding of tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding of tower
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 20:52:42 -0700
On 5/9/13 9:06 AM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:
The point was that burying brazed joints is common accepted good practice.  AM
broadcast ground system are designed for a 30 year lifespan.  That being said,
brazing copper wire to a copper clad steel rod is still bonding Cu to Cu
regardless of the substrate.

Me, I'd use Cadweld - best practice - for buried ground rod connections.  The
notion that an individual can second guess years of experience behind the code
and do it better is hubris.

Naaahhh..

For real hubris you have to do something spectacular like Odysseus did..

put up a billboard in front of the building department saying something like

I'm Jim Lux, living at .., and I used a non-code way to install my ground rods, nyah, nyah, nyah..

Then you wind up on a sailing boat hanging out in the Aegean and Adriatic for a bunch of years.