Re: [TowerTalk] 3 el wire beam

To: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 3 el wire beam
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 19:39:16 -0600
Have you tried modeling the array and seeing how the model SWR reacts when you
add reflectors/directors? Curious.

Chris
KF7p

On May 10, 2013, at 19:32 , Tom Osborne wrote:

Hi All

Been playing with an antenna here.

Some time back I put up a vertical dipole for 40 meters.  Worked OK.   A
little later I added a director about 15 feet in front.  Today I put up a
reflector about the same distance behind it.

What has me wondering is that putting the other 2 elements on it didn't
change anything on the SWR.  Does that mean they aren't working?

Seems like something should have changed on the SWR if the other elements
were working.  Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY