Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 B-1/B-1S Baluns

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 B-1/B-1S Baluns
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 19:13:26 -0600
The wood spacer is a good idea, maybe Jim can chime in on how much spacing is
needed.  This is a real problem with double boom log periodics since both booms
are hot with RF, and running the coax along the lower boom is obviously
counterproductive.  W8JI has some thoughts on this problem on his site, which I
followed with some success.  I'm experimenting with different kinds of chokes
at the boom/mast junction and trying to find something that is mechanically
durable while maintaining the maximum choking impedance possible.

Chris
KF7P