Re: [TowerTalk] How close to salt water is close enough?

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How close to salt water is close enough?
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 16:22:16 -0700
One of the best things I've used - got it from an old telephone worker - is
to smear a lot of Vaseline on the connections.

I've had antenna connectors I've put Vaseline on be as shiny as the day I
put the antenna up after a couple of years.  73
Tom W7WHY

I have used something else to cover the connectors before using tape or coax
seal.  Plumbers teflon tape is not too expensive and can be tightly wound on
the connectors to prevent anything from sticking to it.

Jim KI7Y