Re: [TowerTalk] Need Help For Cable Runs To Tower

To: "'Patrick Greenlee'" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Help For Cable Runs To Tower
From: "Eugene Jensen" <eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 17:25:36 -0400
(I'm happy that you live in such a nice dry place but I guarantee every one
of my conduit's here are full of water. This is SC and the humidly here for
months on end will run 90 to 100%. In the field we use to pull a jackhammer
compressor behind us to blow the water out of street conduits when I worked
in the street crews. I believe I know where the issue come from. Years ago
the ARRL handbook had a diagram of how to drain your conduits. I have no
clue why they considered it importance but I have some 30 year old TRW on
the roll and  not THHN that still  water resistance to this day. I think it
far more importance to keep the water out of our radio's than underground
lines. I' feel for the poor people who was hit in OK as I seen Grand Rapid
NE in the 70's after it was hit. It not like a hurricane where you have time
to run. 73 and a safe holiday. Gene AA4VX