Re: [TowerTalk] 1-5/8 inch Andrew Hardline stored outside in New England

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 1-5/8 inch Andrew Hardline stored outside in New England for 5 years - still good?
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 12:37:37 -0400
If it is new and the ends are sealed I would say it is probably worth
shipping.

To:     towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 1-5/8 inch Andrew Hardline stored outside in
New     England for 5 years - still good?
From:    William Hein <bill.aa7xt@gmail.com>
Date:    Wed, 29 May 2013 10:32:08 -0600

I have some 1-5/8 inch Andrew Hardline (LDF7-50A) which has been stored
outside
in New England for 5 years - is it still good and if not can it be
rehabilitated?  I didn't expect to leave it outside this long (life
intervenes
in ones plans from time to time) and am pondering whether its worth the
effort
to ship it 2000 miles to Colorado and reinstall at my new station.

This particular cable would be direct buried for use on HF primarily (I have
other cable for VHF).

73
Bill