Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589 cables

To: "'Grant Saviers'" <grants2@pacbell.net>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589 cables
From: "Bill Winkis \(KC4PE\)" <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:03:28 -0400
Always something new when Lubing tower cables ... my initial offering at
http://www.kc4pe.com/amateurshack.htm
Has been modified ..... I now use a special sponge, one brought out by the
"Sharks", ABC Friday nights, it's called "Sponge Daddy", it's a multi
pore/inch but has a heat cold contraction. The sponge has two round open
eyes , so I cut the sponge into the eyes double the sponge over the cable.
Then apply the lube as shown above...I tighten the sponge as taut as
possible then run the tower up and down lubing the cable/cleaning the cable
and the pulleys.
When finished the cable is shinny and clean and the pulley slots are also
shinny and clean ..

We then inspect our job by Sending the Parriot Drone 2 up and have it hover
one pulley at a time, inspect it on the video stream and run the tower
looking for pulley bearing problems....etc.

See the sponge on QVC's Web Site  .... "Sponge Daddy"

-Bill ... KC4PE