Re: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna advice needed

To: PY1NB - Felipe Ceglia <felipeceglia2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna advice needed
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:16:51 -0700
Rarely discussed antennas are the Bobtail and Sterba curtains. Google them. These produce a bidirectional narrow beamwidth pattern with low angle gain, and are fun to build (measure, don't guess at the Sterba phasing line Vf). With some simulation work it might be possible to build a reflector that works to give them some F-B.

No radials for either. a link re bobtails http://www.mdres.org/w7htj/antennas.htm

Check out W8JI's extensive work on curtains http://www.w8ji.com/curtain%20sterba%20USIA%20array.htm

Grant KZ1W