Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and control lines in same PVC

To: "'Doug Scribner'" <dscribner@myfairpoint.net>, "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and control lines in same PVC
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 09:26:53 -0700
Doug-

When I recently buried 165' conduits for my new tower, I put in three runs
of 3" electrical PVC.  One run for all the control cables, one for coax only
and one for future unforeseen uses.  I pulled more runs of coax and control
cables than I thought I need now, "just in case".  Probably overkill, but I
wanted to avoid having to pull out all the cables and re-pull them with a
new run if I were to need something more in the future.  Even though I
pulled a new pull rope along with each conduit's cables, and put it on a
swivel so it wouldn't wrap around those cables during the pull, I have heard
it is very difficult to pull additional cables into a conduit that already
has cables in it.

73,
Steve
N6SJ