Re: [TowerTalk] D3W - Pros and Cons?

To: "'Brian Alsop'" <alsopb@nc.rr.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] D3W - Pros and Cons?
From: Bert Almemo <balmemo@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 09:38:18 -0400
Hi guys,

My D3W has been up for over 5 years now and no issues. If properly installed
the ingress of water should drain through the holes in the traps, unless you
have "critters" building nests in the traps. Very common!

There is no reason to install the D3W in line with the boom of a tri-band
yagi for 10/15/20M. Very little interaction, if any. A friend of mine put
the D3W on the same boom as the yagi, between the driven element and the
reflector. Works like a charm and no interaction measureable.

Have fun with your D3W and good luck!

73 Bert, VE3NR