[TowerTalk] FW: FW: FW: UST bolt Torque question

To: "'reflector -tower'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: FW: FW: UST bolt Torque question
From: "Matt" <km5vi@flukey.cc>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:49:58 -0500
Oops - I have used the wrong term - not a spud wrench.   I used a hammer
wrench (aka slugging wrench or striking wrench) for the nuts on ASTM F1554
concrete anchor bolts.

For A325 3/4" diameter shear bolts that fasten the tower to the base I am
using a 1/2" air impact wrench or sometimes a 24" breaker bar.

For what it's worth - I discovered that John at Superior Bolt in Phoenix, AZ
keeps a good supply of structural concrete anchor bolts in stock and seems
to be very knowledgeable & helpful.   Last time I bought bolts from him the
cost (including delivery charge) was about half of what the tower mfg's
charge for the bolts alone.

Matt
KM5VI