Re: [TowerTalk] Mast Guying Help

To: "David Smith" <w6te@msn.com>, "'reflector -tower'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast Guying Help
From: "Gary and Arlene Johnson" <qltfnish@omniglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:20:42 -0500
Take a look at this Rohn Push Up mast with rotating guy rings. We just used one for field day. http://www.3starinc.com/rohn_h30_telescopic_antenna_mast.html

Gary J
N5BAA
HCARC Secretary 2013

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Smith" <w6te@msn.com>
To: "'reflector -tower'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:59 AM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast Guying Help

GM to All,
I need ideas and help on guying a small, 10' X 1-1/2" mast that I use on my truck. I have a 6M Moxon antenna at the top and a Yaesu g-800 rotor at the base and want to be able to rotate the mast. What I'm looking for is a some sort of a collar and slip ring setup where I can attach the collar to the mast using set screws or a bolt that goes through the collar and mast. The slip ring will set on top of the mast and have the ability to attach a set of guy wires to it. Is there something out there like I have described? Anyone have any other ideas on how to guy a small mast? I've looked at McMaster Carr catalog and it looks like I can get the collar.
Thanks in advance.
73,

Dave - W6TE