[TowerTalk] What rotor should I use (Oops)

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What rotor should I use (Oops)
From: Joe Nuccio <k4nyy@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:21:32 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the input  Larry. I have pretty much settled on a HAM-IV, inside a
home made
Rotor Cage with thrust bearing to sit on top of my UST  MA-40 tubular tower. I
was convinced

this would work after reading about Greg's, W8WWW, excellent design seen here:

http://www.seed-solutions.com/gregordy/Amateur%20Radio/Experimentation/RotatorCage.htm

I want to thank all who have posted their comments and recommendations.

73,  Joe  K4NYY

         My club has a 3 L Steppir with the 30/40M add-on element. Also
on the mast are a 7 L 6M antenna, a 2M and a 440MHz antenna. These have
all been rotated on a 50 ft crank up tower by a HAM IV for a year
without difficulty. We are a Florida coastal location that probably has
above average wind speeds. This club antenna probably sees above average
use.

                             K4KGG,   Larry