[TowerTalk] Any harm in pressure washing a tower ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Any harm in pressure washing a tower ?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 09:41:54 -0700
Any harm in pressure washing galvanized tower’s, or steel bases, masts etc ?
I have bird crap and stuff on some portions of mine.   Mine is just a small
electric
one... but its capable of ripping the paint off of wooden steps  etc, if  too
close
or wrong attachment wand used.

It would save a lot of time, but I don’t  want to damage the galvanized
surface etc.
The idea was to use just enough pressure to clean it  without  damaging things.
I suppose I could use a soft nylon brush and soap and water too...then rinse.

later... Jim   VE7RF