[TowerTalk] big wire beams for 75 meters

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] big wire beams for 75 meters
From: floyd koontz <wa2wvlfk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:46:13 -0400
In New York I also had a 6 element wire beam, at 100 feet,  on europe with
switchable polarization. I found when europe first came thru vertical was 3-4 S
units better but with in 5 minutes only 1 S unit. 10 minutes later Horizontal
started to take over. I belive verticals like the 4quare or SVA open and close
the 75 meter band but to europe, but as the optimum angle rises, horizontal is
better. The SVA has more gain than a 4square above 30 degees and should be
better running contacts in a DX contest.

Floyd   WA2WVL