Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Supports

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boom Supports
From: "John Lemay" <john@carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:27:51 +0100
Chuck

Your proposal is perfectly sound. A number of commercial manufacturers use
this approach. You want to keep the weight to a minimum at the top of the
mast, so use aluminium, not steel.

The great advantage of putting the support "pylon" on the mounting plate is
that you can pre-tension the support ropes before installation, and get the
boom nice and straight. Note that some ropes will stretch more than others
over time so you might want to test it at ground levels for a day or two.

John G4ZTR