Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Grounding...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Grounding...
From: Steve Sacco NN4X <nn4x@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:53:38 -0400
I concur with Bill, K4XS and the others regarding there being no issues with grounding through a tower base.

Like Bill, I live in Central Florida, the Lightning Capital of the United States.

I have 5 towers, 4 of them > 110'. All of the towers are grounded conventionally, but also with a ground rod set into the earth at the bottom of the base, and the tower connected to that rod.

The bases and towers are quite intact after 20+ years.

This is a profoundly non-issue; time to move on.

73,
Steve
NN4X
EL98jh