Re: [TowerTalk] Tower grounding

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower grounding
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 21:41:19 -0700

Yup.

Although I can't find it anymore, I swear I saw a diagram in a code book that called for the 20 feet of copper wire to have a few wraps around the rebar in the trench before the pour. Probably that was just to make sure that the wire didn't get displaced (pushed to the bottom of the trench) during the pour, but just in case I added some bronze pipe clamps along the run to affix the wire to the rebar.

73,
Dave   AB7E