Re: [TowerTalk] Which Balun with the TH7DXX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which Balun with the TH7DXX
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:05:13 +0200

Yes, I am pretty confident that it works on 20m.
30µH give me 2638 ohms.
On the feed line I measure no common mode current either.
I am using such on a 20m KLM yagi now which I converted to OWA two weeks
ago.
I use the same kind of choke on my 7 element 10m OWA but with 20 windings on
a 4" pipe.

It will be used on a new 6 element 15m OWA which I am just working on.

And next year I will convert 4 more KLM yagis and use this kind of balun
with them.

All coax cables are earthed to the boom after leaving the chokes and to the
top of the tower, half way up and at the bottom of the tower.

The tower is fed as a vertical on 160m and so far no problem with arcing or
band to band interference.

73
Peter