Re: [TowerTalk] How High is enough...(HFTA) now

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How High is enough...(HFTA) now
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:09:24 -0400 (EDT)
It's amazing how different results can be at different  stations.  W4ZV
says the same thing...no difference.

However, at four different stations I've had,  BIP/BOP makes a  difference.
 Sometimes BIP and BOP are equal, other times there may be a  difference of
1 to 2 S units.  This occurs on both domestic and DX  stations.

The only time it does not is on the long haul stuff like UA9/VU2  etc.
There it is always better on BIP.

My phasing may be different than many as I feed the top two of my  stacks
and the bottom two separately.  I then BIP/BOP the two.  On 40  however, my
stack is phased in the conventional way...with phasing harness and  an
Ameritron RCS8 box.

YMMV, obviously

In a message dated 8/1/2013 1:50:20 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,