Re: [TowerTalk] Comparing Hi-Z Receive Arrays and KB7GF Shared Apex Loop

To: "John Becker" <johnb3030@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Comparing Hi-Z Receive Arrays and KB7GF Shared Apex Loop
From: "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@att.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:31:09 -0400
The HiZ clearly outperforms the K9AY loop and coax mag loop. Probably will also outperform the SAL. The HiZ 4 square and 4-8 Pro is a phased array and so removes noise from 3 of the 4 directions and occupies approx 80 x 80 feet.. The HiZ 8 circle array removes noise from 7 of 8 directions. But requires a much larger piece of real estate. Removing the noise makes the signal of interest audible.

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
60 Meters www.60metersonline.net