Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G (Pier Base)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G (Pier Base)
From: "Earl Morse" <kz8e@wt.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 06:07:41 -0700
The pier base is supposed to have that little bit of give at the bottom so if
the tower twists in the wind (real tall towers) it doesn't fatigue where
twisting tower meets immoveable concrete.  It's a little bit of a pain to erect
but in the event that you move often you only have to get 3 new guy anchors and
a pier pin to reinstall the tower.  Sure its a pain but then again how often do
you install a tower in your lifetime.  I am on my third install and probably
will be doing it again in the next couple of years.  Going to suck when I can't
climb anymore.

Earl
N8SS

Message: 7